Monday, September 8, 2014

Self-Portrait

This is my self-portrait. My self-portrait displays some of the things that I am passionate about. The big top that is shown is a photo that I took in 2010 when I went to see a Cirque du Soleil show in Seattle. I am a fan of Cirque du Soleil, and it is a huge part of who I am. Part of my face is integrated into the big top. I split my face up to show how much Cirque du Soleil is a part of my life. I wanted to show that it is almost like the big top and I are one, or that I am a part of the big top itself. In the background is the sky, but hidden in the sky is a background of tress. This shows the passion that I have for nature and how the natural world should be preserved. The other half of my face is in the sky and is centered inside a ring. The rings represent all forms of juggling. I am centered in the ring and in the sky to show how connected I am to nature and to juggling.

1 comment:

  1. Interesting and engaging, Austin. Excited to chat more about the story portrayed here. Also a big fan of the Circue du Soleil troupe. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete