After I read about color schemes I thought about Cirque du Soleil, which is what I normally think about, and I remembered about a project that Cirque put on in 2011 called Safewalls. The Safewalls project took certain shows of Cirque du Soleil in certain cities and at certain times, and made that particular show the subject for selected artworks that would be created by local artists of that city. The artists were able to see the show for inspiration, but had total creative freedom. The artists then created poster sized artworks that would be printed and sold. After reading the color chapter I remembered one of the poster designs that had an analogous color scheme, which is pictured below. I then went and looked at more of the posters and found that many of the posters used recognizable color schemes.
The above piece has a triadic color scheme of red, yellow and blue which helps create unity, but there are also orange and violet shapes which creates some variety for the piece.
The above piece uses a triadic color scheme also of red, yellow and blue.
The above piece has a monochromatic color scheme.
No comments:
Post a Comment